Do You Have The Right Chicago, IL Car Insurance Policy?
November 18, 2015
Consider these car insurance Chicago IL coverage options when looking for the right auto insurance policy.
Auto insurance is required by law, but that does not mean that everyone knows exactly what their policy covers. Knowing the basics of your Chicago, IL car insurance can help to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage for any issue that you may face on the road. Some of the most common car insurance coverage options that you should look into include:
- Bodily injury liability – which will pay for the injuries that you cause to another driver during an accident. The coverage will also extend to any licensed drivers that you give permission to drive your vehicle. Keep in mind that this coverage will not provide any protection for the medical bills that you can your passengers incur.
- Personal injury protection – also known as PIP, this will cover the cost of you and your passengers’ injuries after an accident. Depending on your policy, it may also cover your lost wages while you or your passengers are recovering from the injuries.
- Property damage liability – which will pay for the damages that you cause to someone else’s property during an accident. While this typically refers to damages that you cause to another person’s vehicle, it can also include damage that you cause to fences, buildings, or any other structures that you hit.
- Collision – will cover the damage done to your vehicle after an accident with another vehicle or object. Depending on your specific policy, it may also cover the damage done to your vehicle if you run over a pothole.
- Comprehensive – known as “other than collision coverage,” this coverage option will cover the cost of repairs after damage is caused to your vehicle after an incident other than a crash, such as theft, fire, or hitting a wild animal.